I was tagged by Nancy & Vijay of http://kitchengypsies.blogspot.com/ yesterday in her post 8 Questions For 8 Food Bloggers. This is described as a rolling interview byAnthony at Flavorful World Food and drink Blog to get to know our fellow food lovers and giving new comers to our respective sites a chance to see what makes us tick . I am happy to be a part of this fun exercise,and thanks to Nancy for tagging me . I am more than happy to answer the questions she has asked and then I will tag 8 food bloggers asking them my 8 questions , who then will tag 8 more food bloggers...
Here are my 8 questions by Nancy and my answers to them :)
1. What is the first dish you ever prepared, would you still fix it the same today?
I have mentioned this on my blog in my very first post -Mushroom Vegetable/Khumbiyun Ji Bhaji,this is the first vegetable or first anything that I ever made. I made it roughly 25 years back and this is my father's recipe for me :) I will not change anything in this particular dish.
2. Are you a strict measurer or do you just throw it in when you cook?
I mostly eyeball ingredients,but for baking I stay loyal to the recipes I am referring to and will follow instructions to the T
3.In most celebrations food is a central theme, do you feel that serving a dish not traditionally served (such as turkey for Thanksgiving) changes the feel of the celebration?
I will for example make turkey for Thanksgiving as that is the tradition but will experiment with the traditional recipe and alter it to suit my Indian palette or my guests palette.
4. Is there any food that makes you cringe just to think about it?
Not really,there are foods I am absolutely crazy about and foods I am OK with but I can't thing of any food that would make me cringe.
5. Someone drops by unexpectedly at dinner time, what would you serve them?
Nothing elaborate as the guests are unexpected. But I will try and fix something quick & decent . I have some quick recipes which are reserved for last minute guests.
6.What or who inspired you to write about food?
Food itself and plenty of time were my source of inspiration to write about something I was told I am good at :)
7. Is there a charity or a cause dear to your heart that you would consider incorporating into your blog?
Yes there are couple causes I am passionate about,but honestly it never occurred to me that I could incorporate them here on my blog. Thanks so much for bringing it up,I have already started to think about it.
8. Why is it that there are always more lasagna noodles than sauce?
They suck the sauce to breathe and grow when cooked :0
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm looking forward to knowing you all better!
Nancy of http://Kitchengypsies.blogspot.com/ is a wonderful person and one of my first blogger friends :) She has a wonderful blog and I love the way she cooks south Indian food and pictures it at every step. For a non-Indian, cooking Indian food can be intimidating but I must admit that she does it with so much ease and I can tell from the step by step pictures , that she has completely mastered the art of cooking south Indian food & that does not rule out her other non Indian recipes. They are equally amazing !!!
Nancy had sent me 8 questions which are posted above with my answers and it is about time I tagged 8 friends to answer these questions and keep the ball rolling:) So here are my 8 questions to my dear friends, I look forward to knowing you some more :)
1. What is your take on organic food , is it a big deal for you ?
2. Do you time your breakfast,lunch & dinner or eat when you are hungry ?
3. What inspired you to write a food blog ?
4. You try a new recipe and it does not turn out good,what will you do ?
5. Name three ingredients you consciously avoid or eliminate even when the recipe calls for it ?
6. Name three things you have to use in most recipes ?
7. How important is eating meals together as a family to you?
8. You do not like a particular dish at your favorite restaurant,what will you do ?
Here are the 8 blogger I am tagging:
Kairali Sisters: http://cookingwithkairalisisters.blogspot.com/
Thank You for participating :) I look forward to your answers.