• One cup Sooji (Rava/Semolina)
• 2 tablespoon plain Yogurt
• 2 tablespoon Spinach paste 0r Pureed Green peas
• 2 tablespoon Carrot Puree
• 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• Salt (according to taste)
1. Divide one cup sooji/rava/semolina into three equal portions in three separate containers.
2. Mix yogurt with little water and beat for 2-3 minutes.
3. In the first container of sooji, add carrot puree, salt and 1/2 tsp baking powder. The batter should be to the consistency of neither too thin nor too thick.
4. In the second container, add yogurt, salt and 1/2 tsp baking powder. Mix well.
5. In the third container, add spinach paste, salt and 1/2 tsp baking powder. Mix well.
6. All the three batters should be of the same consistency.
7. Lightly oil Idli trays with spray cooking oill.
8. Prepare idli steamer by preheating water to a boil
9. Pour half teaspoon from each batter side by side carefully into the idli mold.
10. As soon as you finish filling all the molds, put the idli stand into the steamer.
11. Place a tight lid on the steamer and steam idlis for 15 minutes on medium heat.
12. Remove idlis from the trays by scooping them out with a spoon.
13. The beautiful stuffed idlis are ready.Enjoy them with green chutney or tomato ketchup or sambar:)
I have to thank my sweet sister-in -law for thinking of me & my blog when she emailed me this recipe yesterday :)
Note: I have used pureed green peas for this recipe.