Saturday, November 13, 2010

Butter Almond Crunch

Nope I am not yet done with the tantalizing treat not yet- Not when I have just started to enjoy making these fun treats. I also have a wonderful idea of exhausting these without having to deal with excessive chocolate,butter ,calories in my system. I know I do cheat once in while and let the rest in my house do as well but most of it goes to my friends as holiday gift s packed in nice cute little holiday tins,with cute ribbons to tie on them and some paper shredding inside the tin  to make this gift pop out. I am thrilled with this project and it gives me immense pleasure to give something which is so personalized instead of picking up something off the shelf.

I had fun browsing through chocolate isles,and filling my cart with chocolate,it brought back memories from Haldia days when we baked cakes and made chocolates, buying all the ingredients then was an ordeal in itself. Haldia was obviously out of question,we used to use our weekend trips to Calcutta  once every month ,to do all our groceries and  buy all these exotic stuff for our baking needs. Phew* wipes the sweat off the brow* it was a project which took us longer than anyone could imagine but exhilarating nonetheless. Now, it is such a blessing& luxury to look at some  exotic recipe in the book and  be able to find all those  ingredients at a stones throw :) (Mostly)

So here's to a wonderful holiday season which lies ahead,Cheers:)!!!


Makes about 2 pounds

This recipe is also from the Hershey's Classic Recipes, like I said I intend on trying most:)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Hershey's semi sweet chocolate chips,divided
1 3/4 cups chopped almonds,divided
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or margarine
1 3/4 cup sugar3 tbsp Light corn syrup
3 tbsp water

Method:

1.heat oven to 350 degree F.Line 13 by 9 inch by 2-inch pan with foil;butter foil

2. Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips into pan; set aside.Spread chopped almonds in shallow baking dish.Bake about 7 minutes or until golden brown;set aside
3. melt butter in heavy saucepan; blend in sugar,corn syrup and water.cook over medium heat,stirring constantly,to 300 degree F on a candy thermometer(hard crack stage) or until the mixture separates into hard,brittle threads when dropped into very cold water.(bulb of candy thermometer should not rest at the bottom of saucepan) Remove from heat; stir in 1 1/2 cups toasted almonds.Immediately spread mixture evenly over chocolate chips in prepared pan;do not disturb chips.Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup toasted almonds and remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips;cool slightly




3. score candy into 1 1/2 inch squares with sharp knife,wiping knife blade after drawing through candy.Cool completely;remove from pan.Remove foil;break into pieces.Store in airtight container in cool,dry place.



7 comments:

  1. Hi Kavita-First, I want to thank you for honoring me with the Lovely Blog Award. You are most kind. I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
    Second,Your Hershey almond crunch bars look so yummy, chocolaty with almond goodness.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mouth watering here. looks delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more yummy crunch,looks delicious,happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply irresistible!! Drop by http://www.padhuskitchen.com when u find time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally new to me...looks very tasty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply droolworthy, feel like grabbing some..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey kavi,

    Looks lovely dear..Wanna grab some rite now..:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You :) For visiting my blog and writing your comments. Your comments are a constant source of inspiration. I look forward to them. So keep reading & writing .